The Power of Words Challenge
The DLLF Graphic Competition will commence on May 1, 2023 and finish on May 31, 2023. This design competition challenges artists to use Midjourney and Adobe Photoshop to create unique artwork, inspired by a set of key words. The goal of the challenge is for students to transform the key words into a visually stunning and creative piece of art, based on AI generated images from Midjourney, using Adobe Photoshop’s powerful editing features.
This Midjourney design competition is a unique opportunity for artists to challenge themselves and create something truly original using an AI tool and Adobe Photoshop’s powerful features. By using key words as inspiration, documenting their progress along the way, and explaining how they used Photoshop to enhance their artwork, artists can produce work that is both visually stunning and creatively innovative.
The competition has been made possible by the generous support of the DLLF’s corporate sponsor, Grapheast Elite Education, the Adobe Distribution Partner in the MENA region.
HOW TO ENTER:
The students’ artwork has to be created using Midjourney and Adobe Photoshop.
Artists should document their Midjourney process by sharing progress (a before and after) of their work with a brief explanation.
Students shall document their respective Midjourney progress in a PDF file, which will include:
1) A meaningful title of the artwork
2) A before (from Midjourney – 1x image) & after image (from Photoshop edit – 1x image)
3) A 50-100 word description on how they used Photoshop in one PDF.
Deadline for submission of all competition artwork is May 31, 2023.
Students will choose 5 keywords from the list below and 5 keywords of their own to create/support the artwork.
- Education and training
- Online learning
- Access to technology
- Inclusion and diversity
- Collaborative learning
- Mentorship and support
- Lifelong learning
- Personalized learning
- Gamified learning
- Gamification for education
- Student engagement
- Project-based learning
- STEAM education (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math)
- Educational games and simulations
- Adaptive learning technology
- Interactive textbooks
- Virtual labs and experiments
- Distance learning and tele-education.
Students shall document their respective Midjourney progress in a PDF file, which shall include:
A meaningful title of the artwork.
A before (from Midjourney) and after image (Photoshop edits) (x1)
Technical requirements for the artwork:
- 1920 x 1080 pixels Image resolution
- RGB Color mode
- JPG File type
- 10 MB Maximum file size
- File naming convention: “Firstname_Lastname_submission.pdf”
- Submissions will only be accepted though the link provided
Ten (10) photographs will be selected by a judging panel for display at a virtual exhibition and the best three (3) photographs will be awarded cash prizes and certificates.
The artworks will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Creativity and originality
- Technical skills and execution
- Effective use of the keywords
- Use of Photoshop to enhance the artwork
HCT reserves the right to use any of the submissions for promotional or marketing purposes.
Venue Dubai Women’s Campus